Labels

Friday, October 25, 2013

Pace

Gonna mention Japan again.

And since I've always been told that the "pace" in Singapore is really fast, I thought I'd just blog about it.

When I bring Japanese around in Singapore, I've always been told that trains, escalators, lifts, etc in Singapore are really fast.

And then I just started thinking.

If you were around in public, and while you were trying to figure out something, just standing around, people will see you as an obstruction. A bother.

When I was in Japan, and I was standing around trying to figure my way. I kind of panicked.
Not because I was "lost", but I was worried and panicking about being a hindrance to other people.

If I were to thinking about it really carefully, it feels like, it seems like, Singapore is a really fast-paced nation.

Is it doing us any good? Do we feel good?

I think I rather prefer Japan, where you can have your own pace.
It just seems.. more comforting and... comforting.

Sometimes I wonder, how do Singaporeans feel about being fast in life? Doing things fast, having things fast...

Is it really good for us?

Honestly I don't think I have the answer for myself, yet.

But I guess I rather the freedom of pace in Japan?

I guess.


Very short post. Just wanted to think about "pace".




And well, kind of sorry for bringing up Japan all the time.




You see, as they say, "Love is blind".

No comments: